Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Back in the Game

Spring semester was a rough one. I was trying to focus on large final projects and papers and emotionally prepare myself for graduation. Up until the week before graduation, I had zero plans for summer employment and had kind of resigned myself to going back home and hopefully finding something, anything. Basically, I was living in a near-constant state of stress. And my body was not happy.

I stopped working out and neglected almost all thoughts of healthy eating. My face was breaking out and I started gaining back some of the weight I had lost the year before. I wasn’t happy with what was going on inside of my body, but I didn’t have the mental capacity to address it at that point.

After a week of vacation, settling into my summer housing, and starting my on-campus job, I was able to breathe again. And when my head finally started to clear and the anxiety and stress were nearly gone, I found the desire to live a healthier lifestyle stir in me again.

Fortunately, right around that time one of the Facebook pages I follow introduced a summer challenge. A group of people committed to making changes over the course of 90 days and seriously pursuing a healthier lifestyle. It was just the push I needed to get back in the game.

So over the last week I have found myself planning meals, buying more produce, and actually looking forward to workouts again. And it has been fun (so far)!

fitlife3

I have every intention of getting back into blogging this summer as well, and hopefully this will be a place of sharing and encouragement and honesty and maybe even struggles.

Thanks in advance for following me through this new season!

brighter-signature

No comments: