Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Starved Rock

I’ve made it my goal this summer, and in general, to spend less time sitting down. This has been a challenge for me as I have had to think of ways to pass the time that don’t involve laying in bed watching One Tree Hill or sitting on the couch with Adam watching Alaska State Troopers. So when Adam suggested we go to Starved Rock this past Saturday, I was totally game.

starvedrock

Most of the trails and canyons were closed that day due to damage from storms, but we were still able to do the short circle around Starved Rock and then hike the Illinois Canyon a couple miles down the road.

IMG_1171

IMG_1179

It was such a beautiful day with temperatures around 80 degrees and very little humidity.

starvedrock-snacks

We even managed to avoid the temptation to indulge at local ice cream shops by packing our own snacks. The cashews and grapes were a better way to fuel our bodies anyway.

starvedrock-me-adam

IMG_1196

What a great way to spend a Saturday!

Brittany

No comments: