Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Fitness Sites to Follow


Hello lovelies! For today’s post I thought I would share with you some websites that have played a big role in my fitness journey. Hopefully you find them as helpful as I did (do)!



Fitocracy is an online community in which members can log workouts, join groups, ask questions, and give/receive encouragement. Members are challenged to live more active lifestyles by gaining points for every activity they complete with the goal of “leveling up” with the more points they accumulate.

This site motivates me to work out because I get excited to see which activities will rack up the highest points. It has been such an encouragement along the way as followers give me “props” (similar to the Facebook concept of “likes”) for workouts and give me feedback whenever I have questions. Getting involved in a community like this is helpful because it allows me to see what other people are doing and how I might be able to apply those things to my own fitness journey. Find me with the username: brittanybelieve

Myfitnesspal is a website (and app) that allows users to track their daily food intake. Users set goals (weight-loss, maintaining weight, weight gain) and the site gives suggestions for daily caloric intake and calories burned each week through cardiovascular activity. These goals can be pre-set by the site or customized by the user.

MFP has been one of the biggest factors in my fitness journey so far. Getting an accurate picture of what was going into my body was humbling at first. I was eating far more than I should have been. As I began to think more carefully about what I was eating every day, it became easier to make better nutrition choices. Now, I often find myself being able to enjoy a small treat while still staying within my daily calorie limit. Once again, find me with the username: brittanybelieve


Blogilates is a website run by Pilates instructor Cassey Ho. Cassey records her own Pilates videos and posts them to her site and YouTube. The site also includes features such as recipes, meal plans, and workout calendars. Site visitors can search for workouts that are full-body or cardio or targeted to specific parts of the body (i.e. upper body, lower body, abs).

I love love love Cassey’s videos. Some are shorter than others, allowing me to have a quick workout or to watch several videos in a row to get a better burn. Cassey’s fun and girly personality shines through in her instructing, but the workouts are still challenging enough for me. Head over there and check out some of her videos for yourself. My favorite is POP Kicks: Total Body Cardio Kickboxing.

What about you? What are your favorite fitness sites?



No comments: