Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

2013 Fitness Goals

1. Reach First Goal Weight

When I first started this lifestyle change I had a goal in mind…150. For the last three weeks I have been hovering right around 155, and I really want those last five pounds to disappear ASAP. So that’s my first goal for the year. And when that’s done (because it WILL be done), it will be time to set a new goal. I am still deciding how to reward myself for hitting that first goal. Any ideas?

2. Run a 5K

I never would have thought that I could be capable of running 3.1 miles, especially when it was difficult for me to run 1/4 mile straight in high school for our tennis warm-ups. Is it crazy that running a 5K sounds super fun to me now? Even more fun is the idea of participating in the Color Run this summer. But I’m going to do it. Registration opens on Friday and you better believe I’m signing up that very day. I am already on week two of the Couch to 5K running plan, and I plan on signing up for the Habitat For Humanity Habitrot 5K this spring.

3. Do More Yoga

I have seen so many pictures of nearly-impossible-looking yoga poses and I want to do them so bad! On days when I’m not running, I try to squeeze in some Jillian Michael’s Yoga Meltdown. This isn’t merely stretching. It’s yoga that makes you sweat. I love it! I’m trying to teach myself as much as I can via the internet, but I would really love to take a class somewhere.

4. Sit Down Less

Ugh, I spend way way way too much time on my butt. I sit in class, I sit in meetings, I sit at my desk to do homework, I sit and watch TV with Adam, I sit and played Bejeweled Blitz (it’s my guilty pleasure), I sit and watch hours of Netflix. I have a serious problem. So the plan is to spend more of my free time doing something fun that requires me to be active. That might mean taking a walk around campus, more skating dates with Adam, mall-walking, playing tennis and rollerblading (when it gets warmer), or inviting my friends to come to the fitness center with me.

5. Keep Blogging

Finally, I want to keep up with this blog. I realize that when times get busy it might be hard to post updates as often as I have been, but I don’t want to give up completely. Putting myself out here in this way is incredibly motivating for me. I work harder when I know there’s an audience, when there’s someone to keep me accountable. Not just for me, I have already heard from some of you about the encouragement you have received from my story. I want to continue to be here for you and run right alongside you. I’m in this for the long haul.

No comments: