Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

To My Goal Weight and Beyond!

I did it, I did it, I did it! I hit my goal weight!

progress_02-11-13

After eight and a half months of hard work I am officially down 32 pounds, taking me BEYOND my goal weight of 150. That’s right, when I set goals I don’t just reach them –I exceed them.

I recently asked what I should do to celebrate this achievement. You all had a lot of really great ideas! I have decided that after I get back from my trip next month I will be buying myself a new bathing suit. Something new to show off the hard work (although I tend to pick suits that are on the more conservative side). I’m thinking about this one.

If you have read my 2013 Fitness Goals post you know that 150 isn’t my stopping point. When I started this journey, that number sounded good to me. I can’t remember the last time I was this light. Early high school? Middle school maybe? But now that I reached it, I realize that I can and want to go farther.

I know that I can push myself harder. I have just scratched the surface of all that I am capable of doing. After giving it some serious consideration, doing research on healthy weight ranges, and realistically considering how much work I am willing to put in, I have set a new goal for myself: 135.

It will be fun to keep up with this forward motion. Even if I never make it to the next goal weight, I am happy knowing that these lifestyle changes are not impossible. I am more than satisfied with how far I have already come.

I will try to keep up with the encouragement and the stories as so many of you have encouraged and shared your stories with me. Will you continue on this journey with me? The road may be long, but travel is more fun with friends. :)

Here’s to brighter days ahead!
brighter-signature

No comments: