Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ice Cream and Bacon and Burgers, Oh My!

Hello bright eyes! I haven’t posted in a week-ish, and in that week I experienced a setback. This setback took the form of SuperBowl food. That’s right: bacon, pigs in a blanket, burgers, and ice cream. How can something so wrong taste so right?

Anyway, my encounter with ice cream on Sunday night left me craving sweets for the next three days. My body was practically demanding sugar every few hours. And I had extra ice cream in the freezer, so I gave in. I admit it: I’m weak.

But that is in the past. Today is a new day, and I am refocusing. This is Week 3 of my Couch to 5K plan and those mornings in the fitness center still feel good. I am trying to wean myself off of the sweets until I get back to the point at which my body no longer craves them. That isn’t easy with all of the Valentine’s candy that has begun to find its way to me. My willpower is obviously being tested.

I’m just trying to take the journey one decision at a time right now, because that’s all I really can do. I’m going to make some stupid mistakes sometimes (SuperBowl food was a stupid mistake), but that doesn’t mean I should give up. Fall down seven times, get up eight, right?

No comments: